We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Delayed Audio - Italian Trucker Channel 45 - 27.465 MHz 27465 AM  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Brian

• Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Email
A couple of weeks ago I was scanning the 26/27 Mhz bands and came across a lot of chatter on one channel. Don't recall the exact frequency. I think it was probably CB from Europe, maybe Italian. The audio was difficult to hear as it sounded like several people talking at the same time.
I realised that I was hearing the same person talking but also on a delay of about 3 seconds. Everything he said was repeated but slightly weaker and quieter about 3 seconds behind.
I know that some OPs use reverb sometimes but this definitely a delay  of several seconds.
Anybody have any idea of what would cause this?

[mod edit - added frequency / Italian truckers on 27.465 MHz info to title for searching/archival purposes]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 1440 UTC by R4002 »

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: Delayed Audio
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 1314 UTC »
A couple of weeks ago I was scanning the 26/27 Mhz bands and came across a lot of chatter on one channel. Don't recall the exact frequency. I think it was probably CB from Europe, maybe Italian. The audio was difficult to hear as it sounded like several people talking at the same time.
I realised that I was hearing the same person talking but also on a delay of about 3 seconds. Everything he said was repeated but slightly weaker and quieter about 3 seconds behind.
I know that some OPs use reverb sometimes but this definitely a delay  of several seconds.
Anybody have any idea of what would cause this?

Lots of high power AM Italian guys use echo and reverb (sometimes to an extreme).  They're often found on "canale 45" or 27.465 MHz / 27465 kHz AM mode.  I know they use other frequencies as well, but 27.465 seems to be their favorite, sort of like 27.025 MHz is to the USA and 26.705 MHz / 26.715 MHz / 26.725 MHz are to the Latin American world. 

During band openings in years past I've heard tons of echo/reverb-laden signals from Italy on 27.465 AM. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline SkyWalker

• View Profile
    • IZØKBA Lorenzo - official site
    • Email
Re: Delayed Audio
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 1611 UTC »
27465 is channel 45, used to Italian trucker, national channel. High power and microphone effect.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns