We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WHAS Louisville KY  (Read 5776 times)

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
WHAS Louisville KY
« on: September 01, 2019, 0441 UTC »
840 am @ 0418 UTC 1 Sept 19.   Replay of the (now deceased) Art Bell call in talk show episode from 1996.   Topic was re:   long range effects of drug abuse.    Commercial block at 0427.   ID at 0433.

TX<>RX:  343 Miles
Nite Pwr:   50 KW
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 1338 UTC by East Troy Don »
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: WHAS Louisville KY
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 1856 UTC »
They are a flamethrower night and day here. When I was traveling a lot you could hear them from just beyond Kansas City to the East Coast at night, no problem.

Former Louisville basketball coach Denny Crum and former UK coach Joe B. Hall had a call-in show that should have been called "The Dumb Ex-Jock Show". They were talking about a resort they'd just arrived at in eastern Sierra Nevada's overlooking Death Valley, when Joe B. seriously asked a member of the staff about their chances of seeing a moose? I thought I'd run off the road with that one, and I'd grown up with the ever strange mind of the Great Joe B. Hall.

The guy he asked said, "I'll get back to you on that one, Coach."

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: WHAS Louisville KY
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 1908 UTC »
Loud here as well...  only station ever logged at this location on 840.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan