We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FRS Holland - trying again 8-Sep-19  (Read 1105 times)

Offline cj468

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
FRS Holland - trying again 8-Sep-19
« on: September 07, 2019, 0915 UTC »
Again slightly short notice but only received in my inbox over night ...

After 'difficult' conditions last week FRS have scheduled a repeat for tomorrow on 5810Khz only.

Hopefully they will have more success, last week I could get anything on either frequency direct or via the 3 webSDR's I tried in the London area. 

At the moment it hardly seems worth turning the radio on - every report on here seems to include the word 'trace', 'weak' and 'noise'. Apart from LHH and Harmony (which are both noise affected) I don't think I have got even a reasonable signal whenever I check the posts from Ray and others.

Anyway here's FRS's announcement ...

Dear FRS Friends,

Next Sunday September 8th FRS will repeat last Sunday's broadcast which suffered from very poor/ unstable propagation conditions.
That means once again a start at 16:52 UTC/ 18:52 CEST. Frequency: only 5810 kHz. It looks like higher freqs like 7700 suffer from
very long skip nulling out reception in large parts of out target area. We hope for better/stronger reception but realize that the current
conditions simply are (very) poor!
Sunday Sept. 8th  16:52- 21:00 UTC 5810 kHz ...FRS' 39th Anniversary featuring Jan, Bert, Dave, Peter & Mike. Tune in!
Have a good weekend,

73s  Peter V. (on behalf of the entire FRS Family).
QTH: S.E. UK