We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Ric Ocasek, 75  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Ric Ocasek, 75
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 2004 UTC »
I've got a vintage SLF lapel button and the original UK pressing of their first album "Inflammable Material" on the Rough Trade label. What a great band! Have fun at the show!

Their bass player leaves and Bruce Foxton of The Jam falls into their laps. You don't get much luckier than that, IMO.

I understand the original line-up is back together. They won't be pogoing on the stage now, those guys are as old as I am, too tough on the joints.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 2156 UTC »
Never let a bass player touch you before a gig or the curse will be transferred to you and you'll have to play bass until someone else is dumb enough to touch you before a gig.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 0059 UTC »
But the bass players get all the young sweeties. Don't you remember when Bill Wyman dated a 13 year old and married her 6 years later?