We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Grundig 800 Excellent Condition w all accessories $200 plus shipping.  (Read 2637 times)

Offline legis225

• View Profile
This radio was boxed for a long time when I was in Grad school.  It is in perfect condition.  Interested parties can PM me and I will forward pictures and videos of the radio pulling in DX.  Will post video of any frequency.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I can't believe no one has bought this yet. Do they want you to give it to them?

Offline legis225

• View Profile
Maybe.  For less than 200, I'll keep it.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
When Grundig started making these,they consulted heavily with the guys from Drake. It was supposed to be updated version of Drake's R-4 portatop, and it was until Grundig decided to have it manufactured in China. Construction inside and out went to Hell as did service. My guess is that's why everyone is gun shy on these?  ( and it's illegitimate brother, the Tecsun 2000.)