We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: ZLM Taupo, New Zealand Maritime Weather 6224 khz USB 12:50 UTC 20 Oct  (Read 839 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
Heard ZLM with WX on USB at about an S2-S3 at my location. I've listened for this one before but never had any success picking it up until today. Great to have another propagation indicator from down under.
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Right now conditions are weird for many different bands because we're in a transition season from fall to winter and at this particular lowpoint of the solar cycle. Now is the time to look for stuff you might not hear the rest of the year, especially with respect towards greyline dxing.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
Right now conditions are weird for many different bands because we're in a transition season from fall to winter and at this particular lowpoint of the solar cycle. Now is the time to look for stuff you might not hear the rest of the year, especially with respect towards greyline dxing.

Great to know! I've had more success with greyline in the morning local vs evening (when a neighbor presumably with a plasma usually switches it on where it stays until late evening though i've been somewhat successful nulling that with my loop).
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna