We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Kellogg agrees to stop marketing sugary cereals as “healthy”  (Read 1596 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
A $31 million settlement in a California lawsuit will force Kellogg to significantly change its marketing.

Kellogg, one of the county’s top cereal companies, has agreed to stop using misleading terms such as “healthy,” “nutritious,” and “wholesome” to promote products like Frosted Mini-Wheats.

https://newfoodeconomy.org/kellogg-sugary-cereal-healthy-label/
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
Re: Kellogg agrees to stop marketing sugary cereals as “healthy”
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 1248 UTC »
Kellogs was busted in Australia a few years back for excessive sugar in their breakfast lines but promoting them as healthy, especially Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops and Coco Pops.

Kellogs?  Thanks but no thanks... :o
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 1335 UTC »
The Florida orange growers invented the nonsense that a glass of sugar water, err, orange juice, was a healthy way to start the day at breakfast, to go with your bowl of sugared cereal. They did this when California oranges started to appear in stores, which have a better appearance, fewer blemishes, etc. So they needed to find another way to market their less attractive produce.

Of course oranges and other fruit have been bred over centuries to have much higher sugar content than the original wild/native varieties that people may have eaten (in small quantities). The term "nature's sugar" is sort of accurate, but not in a good way.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 2329 UTC »
A certain box top collector in PA. better be clearing the aisles of Kellogg's products before they're gone.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 2332 UTC »
To be fair, they are nutritious, compared to the same volume of, say, dioxin.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 0305 UTC »
If dioxin isn't safe, why do they put giant economy sized barrels of it on power poles every couple hundred of yards?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 2254 UTC »
One of those bad boys sploded a few blocks away, one that still had the bad stuff in it. The power co paid dearly, including digging up her yard and hauling it away as well as hazmatting her house, cars, etc while she stayed at the hotel, and a small stipend for her troubles.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 0901 UTC »
I was about 50 yards from one that went up. The fire chief was trimming some trees on his property about a 1/4 mile away. One went down on a live line. You could see the flames coming up beside the RR tracks on that line like a lit fuse. It hit that transformer, and "boom", my never before gun shy bird dog beat it for the house, ruined.

I drove down there after my ears quit ringing and asked his kid what happened. The kid told me, then cracked,"I think the old man has caused more fires than he's ever put out?" I replied, "He does have a talent for it."