We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Waffle House  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
Waffle House
« on: November 18, 2019, 2019 UTC »
My Dad likes going there, we get a table by the door..Keep scrolling  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=waffle+house+arrests&t=h_&ia=web
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 2047 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Waffle House
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 2325 UTC »
be sure to get video when it eventually happens
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 0016 UTC »
How waffle!

My Dad likes going there, we get a table by the door..Keep scrolling  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=waffle+house+arrests&t=h_&ia=web

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 0140 UTC »
That's bad even by your standards, Al.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 0243 UTC »
I clicked and scrolled down, all I saw was links to a story from a year and a half ago.
I waited for some others to comment but I still don't get it. Must be a southern thing?

~

Fansome

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 0330 UTC »
Standards? What standards???

That's bad even by your standards, Al.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 0730 UTC »
I clicked and scrolled down, all I saw was links to a story from a year and a half ago.
I waited for some others to comment but I still don't get it. Must be a southern thing?

Yep. There are few in the Midwest, but the Mason-Dixon line and the Ohio River are the general boundary for them. I don't know about the Great Plains, Taco John's rules that part of country

If you drive around the South you'll occasionally run into a Tim Horton's, owned by the town's big game hunter/hunters who have more money than sense
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 0800 UTC by Pigmeat »

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 2045 UTC »

Yep. There are few in the Midwest, but the Mason-Dixon line and the Ohio River are the general boundary for them. I don't know about the Great Plains, Taco John's rules that part of country

If you drive around the South you'll occasionally run into a Tim Horton's, owned by the town's big game hunter/hunters who have more money than sense

...and Perkins.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 0837 UTC »
You have to get to the Waffle House by midnight to get a good parking place to watch the fights. I used to go to one in Pasadena, TX, (The High Class Pasadena in the States), where they had armed guards at the door after midnight. It was the same at Denny's down the street, but they had a metal detector.

Loose handgun laws and drunken oil rig workers mean fine dining. They gave you your gun on the way out. That's why Houston is ,IMO, the greatest city in the lower 48.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 1938 UTC »
Perkins, Dennys, etc come alive after say 2am and reveal a thriving nocturnal counterculture.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 1421 UTC »
And oddly the inhabitants of those places at those hours seem to be a lot more normal than the people you meet around the same towns during daylight hours.

Where did Al go? We're talking about the places he considers "fine dining". Ever since he got a real live girlfriend a while back he's been acting weird. I bet she makes him bathe and removes his insect repelling crust.