We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: GAME: [A-Z] 8 Letter Words  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: GAME: [A-Z] 8 Letter Words
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 1702 UTC »
Kentucky. Up until about 5-10 years ago you could marry your first cousin in Ky. Pat Murphy had ancestors from there which explains a lot.

BTW, how was Pat's memorial service, JTA? Did they throw his ashes in one of the porta-jon's at Smith Mt. Lake as planned?

L:

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 2124 UTC »
Skipping to the next letter here per instructions.....MXYZPTLK

Go ahead...google it!

Now go back to L

:)
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 1857 UTC »
I've often meant to compliment you on your fine steed, Skip. I had one like it when I was a small boy. Mine was either a Texaco pony or a Hopalong Cassidy version? Both had springs that left scars on your legs.

BTW, my Mom and my sister were "Scrabble" fanatics. If you say "Mxyzptlk" is word, I believe you. It's sort of the Scrabble version of a father steering his child away from gambling by telling him he'll one day meet a guy with an unopened deck of cards who offers to bet him that the Jack of Hearts will jump out of the deck and piss in his ear. When that bet comes run fast and far because as sure as you're standing there, that Jack is going jump out of that deck and you're going to have wet ear.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 2320 UTC »
By my count we are up to M:

Manatees - Outbests singular elliptic creature sighting, conclude drooling, Alphonso. (ah-hem, all 8 letter words  ;))

N
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 2326 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Fansome

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 2329 UTC »
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mQn_Zhbi9gg/TUoiim0kz5I/AAAAAAAACXk/v2fgkywvkbU/s1600/hugemanatee_original.jpg

By my count we are up to M:

Manatees - Outbests singular elliptic creature sighting, conclude drooling, Alphonso. (ah-hem, all 8 letter words  ;))

N

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 0044 UTC »
Thanks Pigmeat! I believe that fine steed was purchased at a local hardware store that also sold anything they could make a buck on....picture is circa 1957 and that buck 'em bronco was also used by my older and younger brother. Yes, I got my hands caught in the springs one time and it was a very unpleasant sensory experience! I don't know when that worn out horse was sent to the glue factory, but it provided me with many hours of riding off into the sunset with the cry of Shane echoing in the distance....  ;)

As to mxyzptlk.......I'm surprised nobody caught onto that one! Here's the link to yet another facet of my younger days:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mxyzptlk
N = Nonsense

O up next

I've often meant to compliment you on your fine steed, Skip. I had one like it when I was a small boy. Mine was either a Texaco pony or a Hopalong Cassidy version? Both had springs that left scars on your legs.

BTW, my Mom and my sister were "Scrabble" fanatics. If you say "Mxyzptlk" is word, I believe you. It's sort of the Scrabble version of a father steering his child away from gambling by telling him he'll one day meet a guy with an unopened deck of cards who offers to bet him that the Jack of Hearts will jump out of the deck and piss in his ear. When that bet comes run fast and far because as sure as you're standing there, that Jack is going jump out of that deck and you're going to have wet ear.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 0106 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Dude111

• View Profile
GAME: [A-Z] 8 Letter Words
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 1749 UTC »
Outsider

P

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 1933 UTC »
Paranoia

Q
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2019, 1956 UTC »
Quidnunc

R
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2019, 2040 UTC »
Thanks for teeing one up for me.

ROLEPLAY - Think Al and Madame Manatee (who does not exactly have a figure eight)

Skippy I'm setting you up now, you may buy a vowel

Speaking of R, I have officially joined an 8 letter group as of today: RETIREES.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 2119 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 2219 UTC »
Thanks for teeing one up for me.

ROLEPLAY - Think Al and Madame Manatee (who does not exactly have a figure eight)

Skippy I'm setting you up now, you may buy a vowel

Speaking of R, I have officially joined an 8 letter group as of today: RETIREES.  ;D

S = Slipshod (and you thought I was going for the Gold CT-Yankee! Congratulations on your retirement! I hope to follow in a few more years (or sooner if my health goes south  :-\ )

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2019, 2048 UTC »
Transmit  8)

U

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Dude111

• View Profile
GAME: [A-Z] 8 Letter Words
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 0417 UTC »
Uniforms

V

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 1221 UTC »
V - Volvoxes     The perfect Holiday gift for the manatee of your eye.

W

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 1245 UTC by Ct Yankee »

Offline JCMaxwell

• Central NC, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 1401 UTC »
W - waterlog

X
IC-R9000L, FDM-S2, Belka DX, HF+ Discovery, RSPdx, IC-R30, BC125AT, PL-880 <- W6LVP Loop

eQSLs appreciated - johnnyclerkmaxwell@gmail.com