We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KR1 6290 AM 1124 utc 14 Jan 2020  (Read 655 times)

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
KR1 6290 AM 1124 utc 14 Jan 2020
« on: January 14, 2020, 1128 UTC »
on 6289.95
1124 Eurovision tune, voice of Bart Steenman, IDS as KR1 and Kennemer Radio Een,
1126 pop, 1128 AC-DC "Highway to hell"
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
***** Mes pages OEM sont bloquées par "le club", alors pour les recevoir, joignez-moi par les autres membres ****

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KR1 6290 AM 1124 utc 14 Jan 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 0508 UTC »
Hi Ray,

I heard the broadcast and tried to contact the station using my Chinese e-mail address, but my e-mails were rejected. However, I also have a Yahoo e-mail address. As I'm using unsupported browsers, I had to wait a fair few hours before trying to contact said station via my Yahoo e-mail address. It worked. So, there is problem with KR1's e-mail address, which terminates as dot nl.

By contrast, I am able to contact Radio Monique using either of my two e-mail addresses and it is noteworthy that Monique's e-mail address is also of the dot nl variety.

I have alerted Bart Steenman, the flagship presenter of both of the aforementioned stations, of the problem with KR1'S e-mail address. I am sure he will troubleshoot on my behalf as I happen to know from personal experience that he is very happy whenever he receives e-mail correspondence, especially if MP3 audio files of his programmes are attached.

My good deed for the day has now been done, so I will retire to my lounge now to enjoy a well-earned couple of bottles of beer.

Cheers and beers to all you dxers out there.     

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 1027 UTC »
Hello Jock,

Maybe the problem with different results to KR1 and Radio Monique is with the DNS (domain name server). The domain name hotmail.nl (for radiomoniqueradio@) is surely better known than kr1.nl (for info@). Probably your cn mail server does not know all the western small domain names. You have found a way around that issue, so I don't think Bart Steenman can do anything about that, except using a hotmail.nl address for KR1 too.

And/Or maybe the problem has some link with censorship. Try e-mails without joint file to see if that makes a difference.

Ray
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
***** Mes pages OEM sont bloquées par "le club", alors pour les recevoir, joignez-moi par les autres membres ****

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 1850 UTC »
Thanks for your input, Ray.

You always try to be helpful. That's great.

I had dealt with the aforementioned problem previously by forwarding e-mails from my Chinese e-mail address to my Yahoo e-mail address. Then from my Yahoo address to KR1's e-mail address. At that time, I was not e-mailing MP3 files to the station.

Not so long ago, another poster mentioned that the KR1 address had rejected his e-mail. At that time I tried sending e-mails with and without MP3 files from both of my e-mail addresses, with rejections too.

Right now, I can confirm that the way I had previously used, ie the two-stage process, works with e-mails that I send both with and without MP3 files attached, provided that the megabytes of the attachments do not exceed around 15 megabytes per e-mail sent.

KR1 is aware of the problem now, that's for sure.

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 0956 UTC »
Hello again, Ray,

I am a bit of a ferret, so I have dug deeper into the problem re KR1's e-mail address.

First, my Yahoo e-mail address was gotten by me while I was living in China, around 2004.
Likewise, my Chinese e-mail address.

Second, I have had REJECTION problems when sending e-mails from my Chinese e-mail address to pirates
from just three out of thirty, including KR1.

So, as far as I am concerned, KR1 is out of kilter.

Anyway, KR1 can do as it pleases.

My advice to all dxers wishing to contact pirates who have been identified as having had problems
with their e-mail addresses of the kind mentioned above is that an initial e-mail with the subject
the frequency of the transmission and nothing else typed should be sent. That is a good way to test
if the pirate has an e-mail address that rejects your e-mails. It also means you aren't wasting time
typing at length to no avail, kinda like having being sent on a fool's errand.