We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Part 15 MW Tansmitter Kit on eBay  (Read 4883 times)

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Part 15 MW Tansmitter Kit on eBay
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 0111 UTC »
I got one of those Greek C-QUAM transmitters recently and will be doing a youtube video on it soon with partial stereo proof-of-performance measurements.  Its based largely on the Chris Cuff design.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline vblank

• Central NJ
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 0329 UTC »
Thought I'd chime in... I bought this kit from eBay recently.
I''ll start by saying that I've actually designed and built several non-radio kits for my own business. I was unable to get this one running.

Engrish aside, the design is very interesting and easy to understand. 4 parts were missing, including a couple "irritating" to fine.
Once I sorted everything, I had a spot-on carrier with no modulation. I troubleshot the obvious culprits for a day, and them binned it.

I have no doubt that the design is worth the money, but missing parts from an overseas shipper suggests a certain level of "I don't care."

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 2051 UTC »
Why run pt. 15 ?  Well I do but I live in a heavily concentrated area home wise that is...  I use AM and FM and well let's see  8  5 unit apartments equals 40 + listeners... and that doesn't include the folks across the road, mostly older like myself but so many of us luv 'old radio shows'...  brings back memories of when we were much younger...  :-)

have a great day and a better tomorrow :-)
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Dave Richards

• Oakland, CA
    • View Profile
    • Ham Radio (and occasionally Part 15) Blog
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 1747 UTC »
The eBay kit referred to in the original post on this thread has been out of stock for a while now. I messaged the seller to ask if he will be selling it again. He replied that the airlines in his country (Thailand) are not operating because of the COVID-19 situation and, therefore, he cannot sell his products.

Hopefully, it will be back in stock at some point in the future.
Oakland, CA
(SF Bay Area)