We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Music on CB Radio Channel 22 27.225 MHz 27225 AM 19 Dec 2019  (Read 1687 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Heard during a sporadic-E opening. 

https://youtu.be/uGNSTvwjWdE

Radio is an older-generation Superstar 3900 (aka Superstar 3900 MK1) made in Taiwan with the EPT3600-11Z board and the antenna is a Wilson Little Wil magnetic mount mobile antenna...
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Music on CB Radio Channel 22 27.225 MHz 27225 AM 19 Dec 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 1731 UTC »
About a decade and a half ago we had a CB "Doctor" selling export rigs and linear amps from an old RV across from the local truckstop. Every day around noon he'd fire up and start playing music on Channel 19 in AM. As the truckstop sold that stuff under the counter the Doc was ran off after about six months by the local deputies. Couldn't have him walking all over the lot lizards that previously owned 19.

Offline Dude111

• View Profile
Music on CB Radio Channel 22 27.225 MHz 27225 AM 19 Dec 2019
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 1803 UTC »
Hehe I used to hear music alot.....Most sounded horrible cause they didnt have it hooked directly to the source they just had thier mike to the speaker!!!

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: Music on CB Radio Channel 22 27.225 MHz 27225 AM 19 Dec 2019
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 1743 UTC »
About a decade and a half ago we had a CB "Doctor" selling export rigs and linear amps from an old RV across from the local truckstop. Every day around noon he'd fire up and start playing music on Channel 19 in AM. As the truckstop sold that stuff under the counter the Doc was ran off after about six months by the local deputies. Couldn't have him walking all over the lot lizards that previously owned 19.

There’s a CB shop at a truck stop about 25 miles north of my location that advertises on channel 19, he then switches to 23 (I believe).  I’ve heard truckers ask him for radio checks, etc.  He doesn’t play music or jam 19 though...  last I checked he was running a Connex 3300 with an amplifier - although the amplifier is usually switched off - and various base station antennas.  One of the truck stops at the same exit as the CB shop has, or had, a Galaxy base station sitting behind the cashier’s area set to channel 19.  Volume turned all the way down, of course. 

The lot lizards are still around.  I’ve heard them on 19 during many a band opening. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 1746 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m