We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Grinding my own ground beef, from chuck roast  (Read 1565 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Grinding my own ground beef, from chuck roast
« on: January 22, 2020, 1703 UTC »
There's a few bun-less burgers in my near future  :)

Meat grinder attachment for KitchenAid stand mixers: If you want to grind your own meat, this is a great grinding attachment. I have one, and it works well. Get this metal one, not the slightly cheaper plastic model.  Oh, and get a KitchenAid Stand Mixer if you do not already have one. Your wife will thank you.  :)

(Affiliate codes in the above links generate some revenue which helps keep the HFU online. Thank you for your support!)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 1453 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Grinding my own ground beef, from chuck roast
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 1739 UTC »
And the video, 20x speed https://i.imgur.com/5YOgbG0.mp4
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 1927 UTC »
So is this a better cut of meat or just cheaper or?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 1955 UTC »
So is this a better cut of meat or just cheaper or?

Cheaper, better cut, and you know where it's coming from, vs the scraps that go into some ground beef. Also a better grind, more loose, not as compressed. Tastier burger  :)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 2254 UTC »
What are those, beef thumbs on the left?

There's a few bun-less burgers in my near future  :)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 0044 UTC »
Have I ever told you how many steers I've slaughtered in my life, Al? How many young male calves I've made into steers? Beef thumbs my butt roast, those are the toes, the best part of the hoof!

Chris,  I had a great-Uncle who would buy the best steaks at the butcher shop when he got too old to raise cattle. He always had them ground. The butcher asked me once out of his earshot, "Is he nuts?" I replied "You bet."

We get to the counter an there's a very attractive woman in her early 40's in front of us waiting to check out. He lifts her skirt up with his cane, she whips around with a killer look on her face, dear old Uncle Bob points at me and toddles up to the cash register while she lights me up. I should've known better than to take him anywhere.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns