We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UnID - W??? 6925U  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Markokpik

• DXing Phenomena
  • Cambridge, Wi.
    • View Profile
    • Email
UnID - W??? 6925U
« on: February 05, 2012, 0311 UTC »
UnId Radio, 6925U, 0248, 2.5.12.  Rock about 1 minute after Wolverine s/ off.  Weak and in and out of static floor.  W??? Radio ID at 0304, "Tak'in care of business".  Hit by Ute QRM on frequency as signal came up.  ID which I couldn't fully copy and off 0310.

Mark Taylor
Cambridge, Wi. (20 miles SE of Madison)
Perseus, Elad FDM S2, Airspy HF+ & Discovery, e1, bunch of portables; W6LVP antenna
Music identified with help from Shazam.

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UnID - W??? 6925U
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 0317 UTC »
Very weak when it wasn't getting clobbered here by the utes.  Best I have on the ID is "W?O?" 
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 0339 UTC »
Heard here, too, but really weak in deep static. According to the guys on Iann's chat, this was WPOD. My first time for this station.
Thanks for the show!
Andrew
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Greenfroggy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 1814 UTC »
I just got my HQ 180 back working again after 3 months or so be off the air waves so to speak...
Last night a station id ed at 0247 UTC WPLE ???? the audio was a bit distorted perhaps...
AT 0253 Utc they had a little skit where the teacher asked the students to read their essays about shortwave listening. At 0304Utc announced "Orlando Florida News" then they mentioned building the first aircraft carrier made out of paper. Job Rolling paper.

Then there was music with lots of OHR on top of it...

ID at 0310Utc but it was slightly distorted...

The signal strenth was s8-s9 with lots of storm static...if the operator gets his audio squared away he will
have a good broadcast...

73 GF Colorado Foohills