We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Dakar Radio working Various Flights 6535 khz USB 03:30 UTC 31 Jan  (Read 1016 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
Very surprising to pick this up here in Seattle. I've never heard anything on this frequency previously but tonight it has been very active with Dakar Radio working various flights. Propagation has been great the last couple of days at my location. for instance i pretty clearly heard KLM flight 706 which FlightAware showed over the Atlantic almost halfway between South America and Africa. also heard Speedbird (British Airways) 251 and Delta 200 while they were in the middle of the Atlantic.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 0545 UTC by jasmine »
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Dakar Radio working Various Flights 6535 khz USB 03:30 UTC 31 Jan
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 2259 UTC »
Very nice! I loved tuning to 11300 for the North Africa flight controllers of several different countries, always a fun listen! They had madcap goings on quite frequently.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.