We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Let's do some bartering!  (Read 1498 times)

Matt285

Let's do some bartering!
« on: February 01, 2020, 1509 UTC »
It occurred to me recently. We all have so much electronics "junk" laying around. Please post items that you wouldn't mind parting with. Like the old saying goes 'One mans junk is an others treasure ' I see know harm in posting the items we have (Its free!) If you see something you like from another person offer up your trade. If an agreement can't be made, no harm no foul. The stuff stays on the shelf. I might want a 1983 Sears road talker and you may need a low pass filter etc. Please post your items. Even things that seem irrelevant.
I had an instance last week while trying to find a Tupperware lid to cover my dish for lunch. I would have loved to know who had that matching lid at 5:00 am! 

Offline Rob.

• View Profile
    • N1NTE KiwiSDR online
Re: Let's do some bartering!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 2128 UTC »
I have a TenTec Model 1253 regenerative receiver I'd like to trade off. More details if someone is interested.

This item has been bartered! Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 1417 UTC by Σ »
- Rob

CT/MA border
Email: n1nte.rob@gmail.com
KiwiSDR (x4) online - http://sigmasdr.ddns.net:8073/
ΣSDR Blog - https://n1nte.blogspot.com/

Matt285

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 0037 UTC »
I've been in and out of time lately for work. I'll try to post some items when I can do an inventory. I have downsized quite a bit, so I'll have to see what I have to post. I can say I have at least four 3 amp 12 volt DC power supplies and also some Cushcraft 900 Mhz yagis. I want to say there 12 elements and still brand new.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 1754 UTC »
Hmmmmmmmm... Well, I've got that Radio Shack 13.8VDC - 15A switching power supply to off. Perfect for VHF / UHF FM rigs, but I don't need it, since I use Astrons here. From an ex-co-worker, I've gotten several late 1970's 45W VHF Motorola commercial crystaled rig, as well as several late 70's, very early 80's Moto UHF HT's, that I'm still going through. Anyone interested in them for parts, or for tapping DDS oscillators into the crystal sockets to may them FREQ agile? Passing thoughts.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.