We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Charleston Hamfest CANCELLED this SAT March 14TH!!!!  (Read 872 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Charleston Hamfest CANCELLED this SAT March 14TH!!!!
« on: March 12, 2020, 2046 UTC »

I just received formal notice from one of the hamfest committee members that the Charleston hamfest has been cancelled for this year.

I am sorry to hear this.  I was still planning to attend.  But I stand behind their decision, as they do it in the best interests of everyone.

Please feel free to pass this information on, as it is a late announcement.

Mike
NU8LL
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Charleston Hamfest CANCELLED this SAT March 14TH!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 0929 UTC »
I would expect to see similar events cancelled in the coming weeks and months.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 1032 UTC »
Our first hamfest of the season is April 25th, I suspect it too will get cancelled. A large gathering of older men, many with chronic medical conditions, sounds like a buffet for the virus.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 1151 UTC »
My wife and I went to the Mansfield (Ohio) Hamfest last month and I saw a gentleman sitting at a table with a mask on. He did have a hand written note on the table that said he had a lung issue, can't remember if it was a transplant now, but did state he was not sick. I though that was very interesting at the time.
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns