We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Possible COVID19 Case-Air Transat 785 w/New York 13348 khz 19:11Z MP3 recording  (Read 1615 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
i just picked up what sounded like a possible case of a passenger on a flight from Malaga, Spain to Montreal, Quebec, Canada suffering from the COVID19 coronavirus. i could mostly only hear the ground station and phone patch because i'm in Seattle. what alerted me to hit record was mention of the passenger coughing, having a high fever and at times unable to breathe. the crew presumably put her on oxygen. the ground station advised isolation from other passengers, they said they needed to give her her own bathroom and that upon arrival the pilot contact the port health authority to organize medical assistance. i edited the audio to take out any identifying information including the reference number. here is the MP3 of the audio https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nkfsf7gT1LKac7ysZJdX3CuAvCsug0XI/view?usp=sharing
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline Van5512

• View Profile
    • Email
Probably a phone patch with Medaire.

Offline nickcarr3151

• Bellevue, WA
  • The only easy day was yesterday...
    • View Profile
Gotta love CODAR!  ::)
Perseus SDR + Wellbrook ALA100LN (60m loop), Wellbrook 1530S+
ICOM 7000 + Zero-Five 10/40 GP Vertical
Xiegu G90
Motorola XPR/XTS Portables, Uniden scanners, Whistler Scanners
Airspy Mini SDR + DSDPlus + Diamond D3000N Discone

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Well done jas!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
Gotta love CODAR!  ::)

yeah, living close to the coast means i hear codar all over the hf spectrum, 4300-5000 khz is especially bad at night.
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
Well done jas!

thanks! and also thanks to whoever recommended audacity. makes recording/editing my catches super easy.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
On hf audio recording, I often use sorcerer, set to 8khz bw, makes for smol files.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns