We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Sporadic "E" on 11M / 10M Sunday evening.  (Read 1124 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Sporadic "E" on 11M / 10M Sunday evening.
« on: March 30, 2020, 1708 UTC »
With the dull drums of the upper HF bands, and now lightning crashes plaguing the lower HF bands, some late March "E" Sunday evening, 23:00UTC, on 11M and even 10M, was welcome. On CB, the usual skip chatter on CH's LSB38 and 39, then the broadcaster wanna' bes on AM CH 28, then the mudducks on Superbowl CH 6, 11, and 15. Tried calling CQ on 10M 28.400MHz, but only heard one station try coming back to me. Too bad that I couldn't make that out. 11M from states MO, KS, OK, and IL. Well, that's why they call Sporadic "E" sporadic.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
Re: Sporadic "E" on 11M / 10M Sunday evening.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 0006 UTC »
Yes, hearing a lot of north-south 11-meter activity today.
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Matt285

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 1109 UTC »
Lots of activity on 10m yesterday afternoon and evening. From Florida I heard stations from Canada, MI, MN, OH, SC, PA, NY and several others. Finally got to work one station in Michigan. MY OCF points more EAST/WEST so it wasn't the best direction for states North of me. Hope its open today when I get home. It was so nice to see 28 on my display and actually hearing voices!

Offline shadypyro

• British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 2123 UTC »
Listening to channel 9 on the Bogotá Columbia sdr and hearing Spanish, the band must be open in South America now
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com