We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: US Air Force Interplane Comms 5757 USB 04:01 UTC 2 April 2020 (now with audio)  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Heard callsigns  "straight flush" and "95 euchre" used and starting approximately at 9:11 of recording heard "turn left and go high at Wildcat Mountain".

I think "Straight Flush" was not a callsign, I think it was a threat callout.  I also heard them mention "Roland".  And I also heard them say something about "unable to track us through the clouds".  Both Straight Flush and Roland are radar guided SAMs (Surface to Air Missile) systems.  If they were over a training range, say over UTTR, it is very possible there were simulated SAMs on the ground engaging them.

T!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 1325 UTC by Token »
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
They were definitely talking about ada countermeasures.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 0524 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
Jasmine, from an ol' Signal Corps guy, thanks !
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
Jasmine, from an ol' Signal Corps guy, thanks !
you're welcome, i'm here to help. thank you for your service.
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns