We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 92.9 Pirate Radio station here in NJ. USA  (Read 6772 times)

Offline Dxer92

• View Profile
92.9 Pirate Radio station here in NJ. USA
« on: March 08, 2012, 0310 UTC »
Seems to be a station on the FM band on 92.9 and they are playing dance music. Sounds like a mix of techno and dance music and some Spanish dance music as well. I am not sure where this is broadcasting from. There is no one talking saying what the station is called or anything. Just non-stop dance music.

Has anyone else heard this station before??

Offline Mystery

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 92.9 Pirate Radio station here in NJ. USA
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 1046 UTC »
Ive heard of people picking this up along the Freeway near Trenton,, But the signal isnt that strong in Trenton,, We suspect its located in a rural area near that Freeway.   And Your right,,, Its all Dance Music,, NO IDs,, no DJs.

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 0843 UTC »
Here's a YouTube video of that 92.9 FM station from October 2010.

I've never heard an FM pirate locally (Fort Worth/Dallas, TX).  Every time I think I've found one it turns out to be a licensed low power station, or very rare FM DX.  So far the only Texas FM pirates I've heard of are in Austin, maybe Houston and San Antonio.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 1225 UTC »
I was broadcasting on 92.9 near camden, new jersey since July 4th, of last year. I don't  know if any heard me on here, i went by the call sign WHAR (Haddon Area Radio). I ended my pirate radio career last week because I needed some good money so I sold the CZH-7C transmitter. I was playing classic rock deep tracks straight from the vinyl record and various song requests by loyal listneners.
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna