We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: More Sporatic E 10m/11m April 5 Sunday, 2020 in US Central Timezone  (Read 700 times)

sdruzer

Got in a bit late for some propagation on 10m/11m today, but had quite a few 10m FT8 decodes over the western hemisphere
(but not Canada) from this Texas location. Started decoding at 2239z and noted that by about 0036z, the only dx was a TI3.

Like the last posted opening on this section of the forum on the 2nd, I decoded a few Pacific stations besides the NA, Central and SA stations. This opening provided Fiji and a couple New Zealanders. Signal levels were decent from the Pacific... approaching near cw copy strength.

The opening on the 2nd was somewhat better for me as the Pacific path provided:
Fiji
French Polynesia
Guam
New Zealand
Samoa
Norfolk Island
Australia

Also, the April 2nd opening ran clear into the late evening here in the Central Timezone, unlike today's.

Using an Elad sdr with a non-resonant wire antenna in a tree for working conditions.

Last Update:

It's Tuesday 0209UTC. Today has had another decent opening from my Texas location, but the opening is winding down. Saw the usual NA, Central, SA stations, but was disappointed in that only Fiji from the Far Pacific came in. He did a lot of CQ'ing as can be seen in this scan. As of the time of this posting he's still calling CQ.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVTVMA04OYZjoQKHXLjzN9a675nMu89k/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 0213 UTC by sdruzer »

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns