We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: HF Underground gets a shoutout on the ICQ Podcast from Thomas Witherspoon  (Read 1030 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
Thomas Witherspoon who runs the SWLing Post blog gave HF Underground a shoutout when talking about pirate radio on the i Amateur Radio podcast. here is the discussion, timestamped around 1:34:00: https://youtu.be/5E6VPQvnC4A?t=5659
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
When radio began it's latest conglomoration in the fairy land the calls "radio" for the umpteenth time in the cutting talent behind the mic's and and overworking engineers in the studio and field,you get a lot of pink slips being bounced off the station owner's forehead, many describing in detail, where and what the owner and the programming director should stick their heads up.

With the animosity between licensed and hobby broadcasters, they and the FCC will be fighting it out well long after I'm dead and gone. The ops popping up on SW lately from the FM scene seem to know what they're doing.

Offline Azimuth Coordinator

• Listen for Us on 4185 Khz or 5185 Khz
    • View Profile
    • Email
The ops popping up on SW lately from the FM scene seem to know what they're doing.

Thanks   8)
QTH: A Clandestine location on the East Coast
Watkins Johnson WJ-8716, WJ-8718A, WJ-8618B
Radio.Illuminati6150@Gmail.com

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
The ops popping up on SW lately from the FM scene seem to know what they're doing.

Thanks   8)

+1

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me