We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: BallSmacker on air 4/17  (Read 835 times)

Offline BallSmacker

• View Profile
    • Email
BallSmacker on air 4/17
« on: April 15, 2020, 2316 UTC »
Look for us again the 69's while you "Stay home, Stay safe".  100% virus free tuning in!  Strike!

A new theme this week of course!  9pm EDT Friday, 0100 UTC.

Our new BallSmacker.net website is up now with some past shows.  Tips appreciated!   :)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: BallSmacker on air 4/17
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 0622 UTC »
My cousins lived about a half-3/4's miles from our house. We would walk out to a side road about a half mile away. Kids I'd knownover there since kindergarten walked down their hill to catch a bus across the road to take them to school.

Young T.V. sportscasters moving out and up from small markets would get to town, hear about this knock-down drag-out near factional warfare going on "Down there!" w/o checking  for facts. It was a 40 mile strip of cornfields.

Call it hazing, call it whatever, but the first ten years that new school was in operation the new young reporters believed you could have thrown a cinder block through the businesses display windows and had an half hour before the cops would arrive

We either knew or were related to people in that town. I got arrested  there once and had my "Tater Salad" moment on the drive home. The cop that pulled me over had been my Junior High football coach. Getting pulled over is nothing to brag about. But when he asked me my name, after knowing it for over 10 years, I lost it. He said they made him do it.  I' said "Who is this 'They'?  He say's the new mayor and police chief. I asked him if I'd have go to county jail. He said, "Nope. Two cells,8 bunks, and you'll be free in 4 hours.