We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KJJR 880 Kalispell, MT DX Test Sat May 2nd 12:01am Mountain!  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's try again for ANOTHER Montana DX Test!

I posted on Facebook that the KBOZ DX Test had been cancelled and engineer Todd Clark in Kalispell, MT offered up one of his stations for a test.

KJJR 880 Whitefish, MT(Kalispell) will test for 1 hour at 10kw non directional Saturday May 2nd 12:01am to 1am mountain time. It will consist of morse code, sweep tones, along with various telephone sound effects

There will be no paper QSL's issued for this test. Only emailed confirmation. Send an email to walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com with "KJJR 880 DX Test" in the email (You MUST put that in that subject line so I don't accidentally delete it thinking its spam!). The reply will likely be a simple email reply with details of the station and confirming the details of what/when you heard it. You WILL get a reply from me in due course, please give me some time!

This is done on short notice and being kept simple as to not burden anyone involved. Thanks to Les Rayburn for creating the test material and Todd Clark for generously offering up the station. I've already seen communication between him and the station, asking them to block out an hour from the logs, so he can tinker around with things at the tower site.

I know, I know.. we've had a few false starts on DX tests, but I can only do what I can do.

Any questions? Email me and I'll be glad to answe
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
Re: KJJR 880 Kalispell, MT DX Test Sat May 2nd 12:01am Mountain!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 1945 UTC »
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll try to tune in this one.

I last noted KJJR in my logbook on Feb. 8; it's about 360 miles from me. Local KIXI can be nulled pretty easily at my location, so KJJR's biggest competition on 880 kHz is usually CHQT out of Edmonton.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: KJJR 880 Kalispell, MT DX Test Sat May 2nd 12:01am Mountain!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 2152 UTC »
Tnx for the info... need Montana for my logbook.
It will be tough with WCBS on the same freq.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan