We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: What-the-F**?  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Alex_in_West_Virginia

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
Re: What-the-F**?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 0222 UTC »
zackers:

Typical of what's left of pirate radio.  Pat/Jerry/Beans/et al  ad nauseum spends all of his time railing against those who would truly promote the hobby, instead of transmitting truly original programming.  Garbage.

Offline zackers

• View Profile
Re: What-the-F**?
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 1640 UTC »
It seems there are at least a few antisocials in every crowd and I don't know what these guys, whoever they are, hope to accomplish. The things I heard were downright malicious. What they don't seem to realize is that they are harming themselves far beyond what they can imagine. Transmitting swill like that is not going to get them anywhere but down.

Most of us seem to be able to get along and have fun with it. I enjoyed immensely hearing the on-frequency conversation between Col. Turtlehead and another pirate station (The Eccentric One?) after the Turtlehead Radio program the other night.

Rave On radio now sends me a QSL after each time I log them on HFU. Cool!

People like this are what I like to listen to.

East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles