We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Constant Morse on 7.6 mHz?  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Asuyuka

• Mojave Desert, CA, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Constant Morse on 7.6 mHz?
« on: April 07, 2012, 0114 UTC »
This has been bugging me for a while.  For the last part of the last year and all of this year, we've received a constant stream of morse on 7.6 mHz, at most times of day.  I'm going to assume the broadcast is constant, because it only fades, never just stops.

Googling reveals nothing that I've found, and I only have a noisy MacBook to record to.  Might try it if I get desperate enough.

Mojave Desert, btw.
Radios: Realistic DX-400, Grundig G6

cmradio

Re: Constant Morse on 7.6 mHz?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 0603 UTC »
What does it say? Maybe a Russian naval station...

Peace!

Offline Asuyuka

• Mojave Desert, CA, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 1834 UTC »
Maybe.  I think I'm going to see if it's on, borrow the MacBook back from my sister.  It's just driving me nuts.  :)

Just to say, that I can't pick him up right now, as of this edit.  I'll try it again later in the day. :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 1839 UTC by Asuyuka »

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 0003 UTC »
No CW heard here on 7600 KHz. On 7600 KHz LSB there does appear to be a data signal, though. Are you sure you're not hearing that? It could be 7597-ish KHz USB, as well. Hard to say.
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 0330 UTC »
Tuned in (4/9/2912 0328Z). Hear no CW, but hear a nearby digital station.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Asuyuka

• Mojave Desert, CA, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 0410 UTC »
I think I am confusing the data for morse this time.  Whoops, sorry about that. :-[

My equipment includes a Grundig G6, cheap radio I use most of the time because it's tiny and I love being outdoors, a Sattelit 750, an ancient Sony ICF-7600DS, that was my mother's.  None of these can decode digital.  My apologies. :)

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 1853 UTC »
There was a station on 7542 a couple months ago sending Morse "5 5 5 5 5" ... but it disappeared just after I posted something here about the beam heading I got on it. Coincidence? I guess we'll never know.
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles