We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Guinee 9650 AM 0640 UTC 26 June 2020  (Read 461 times)

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
Radio Guinee 9650 AM 0640 UTC 26 June 2020
« on: June 26, 2020, 0720 UTC »
I've been missing Radio Guinee's music programs during my local afternoons this spring and summer; that signal on 9650 kHz hasn't been heard here near Seattle as in previous years.

However, I FINALLY heard Radio Guinee tonight. Started listening on 9650 and heard news in French with both male and female announcers. The signal was only fair at best, but still was audible over the annoying interference our high-tech washing machine makes on my radio.

My listening was spoiled, however, at 0700 UTC by Voice of Korea signing onto the same frequency with its Japanese service. That created a noisy mess. 

It was a good night for late-night signals from Africa, as Radio Mali also was more audible on 5995 kHz than I've heard it in weeks.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop