We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Mystery eQSL Not Delivered  (Read 875 times)

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
Mystery eQSL Not Delivered
« on: July 07, 2020, 0015 UTC »
I received an email via Anonymousemail anonymizer service on Sunday at 7:08 pm, but there was no message or attachment (just a long string of alpha-numerics). Subject line was "eQSL" but there was no indication of station.

It seems like a much appreciated attempt to eQSL failed due to an email glitch at one end or the other. Just letting the relevant operator know, in case this happened with all attempts to eQSL for whatever transmission it relates to, and so they can re-send if possible.

Thanks and 73s!
MP
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline flexoman61

• DXing Phenomena
  • Connecticut, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mystery eQSL Not Delivered
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 0901 UTC »
I received one on July 1st as well.
Please QSL to: flexoman61@gmail.com
Connecticut
ICOM R75, Kenwood R-2000, Radio Shack PRO-2037
43m band folded dipole/VHF ground plane

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 1604 UTC »
Poacher/Flexoman -

I received a similar email on July 1.  I did not have an attachment but a link to anonymouse mail service/fee.  I tried to search to figure out who we might have all logged on HFU in late June/early July but came up empty.  There are two Poacher and I logged which could explain the email.  A testing broadcast of "Radio Randy Rush" and Euro Pirate JT.  Anyone else I logged I know what eQSL to expect or not expect.  None of the unid broadcasters in that timeframe I logged did either of you join in.

On the other hand, X-FM broadcasts include comments on the backlog of eQSL - perhaps some response back from there.  Those are my quick and dirty guesses.

To the broadcaster from where the eQSL was sent, thanks for the acknowledgement and transmission.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 1613 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 2100 UTC »
I believe the mystery QSL's via the anonymouse email service are likely to be from Foxy AM? Both of mine were received via this anonymizer (the second one ended up in my Spam box). Thankfully mine arrived intact!

https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,66651.msg229544.html#msg229544
https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,68967.0.html
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 2310 UTC »
Thanks for the great forensics Ct. Yankee and Skipmuck, and for the additional data point Flexoman. Group effort and mystery solved it seems.

I wonder why a few of these made it through a-ok from Foxy AM, while others got hung up somewhere in transit. Ah the mysteries of the interwebs.

Thanks again for follow-up fellow HFUers!

MP
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 0001 UTC by Molvania Poacher »
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.