We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: LRA 36 test  (Read 572 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
LRA 36 test
« on: July 10, 2020, 1834 UTC »
LRA36 Radio Nacional Arcángel San Gabriel in Argentine Antarctica is testing on Saturday July 11 from 14:00-15:00 utc on their regular frequency 15476 khz in USB. They usually broadcast in reduced carrier+ USB so I guess they will drop the carrier. The carrier is the only way I have ever been able to tell when they are on the air so it'll be interesting to see how this works.
via Horacio A. Nigro via WOR
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Re: LRA 36 test
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 2045 UTC »
I tried to find a good remote to hear the test broadcast since there wasn't a peep directly but since I was trying at 14:10z, after the start time the few South American kiwis that pick up LRA36 were maxed out. At 14:30 I got on the Atlantic Ocean Island SDR near Rio De Janiero and found a weak S1 signal. About 1 minute before the end of the test a slot on the Brasilia SDR opened and I found a huge signal with music and talk with people phoning in to Antarctica (?). They apparently decided to extend it by an hour then 2 hours and ultimately by 4 hours until 19:00 ut. Another surprise was that the signal wasn't USB but their regular reduced carrier+USB. Not sure what the test was about except maybe the slightly earlier time. Whatever they were doing it was the best signal I've seen from them in months. Also the frequency was a little bit higher than normal. Today it was 15475.98. I think it's usually closer to 15475.96 or thereabouts.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns