We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Dxing Yanks versus Nats July 23-24 - Season's Greetings  (Read 616 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Season's Greetings, ⚾️ that is  ;D.  As the season is beginning with one initial game, I thought I would try to DX all the stations I could receive the New York Yankees versus the Washington Nationals.  I will try 2 receivers for MW broadcast of the game: Tecsun PL 880 (T) and 1969 Zenith T/O 7000 (TO).  My qth is about 100 airmiles ENE of NYC.

2225 WFAN 660 am NYC - Very Good Reception, storm crashes. ID, Yankee Theme Song, read list of sponsors, to John Sterling starting pre-game show. (TO). Yankee Flagship

2230 WELI 960 am New Haven, CT  Excellent Reception.  Suzyn Waldman interviewing Yankee
Manager Aaron Boone about Gerrit Cole.  (TO) Yankee Affiliate.

2241 WADO 1280 am (Spanish) NYC  Very good reception, storm crashes.  Yankee Spanish play by play announcer (Ricky Ricardo, really his name) giving National line up, then does live read commercial for St. Thomas Aquinas College.  Ricardo returns discussing National Outfielder Juan Soto's absence due to Covid. (TO) Yankee Spanish Flagship.

2324 WICC 600 am Bridgeport, CT  Very Good Reception. "Here's the two-two pitch by Cole and it is fouled off.  Yanks with a 2-0 lead on Staton's 2 run homer.    Adam Eaton hits this to right, over Judge's head and it's gone 2-1 Yanks."  "After 1 inning 2-1 Yanks......ID" (T) Yankee Affiliate.

2340 WGNY 1220 am Newburgh, NY  Fair reception. Suzyn Waldman doing regular out of town scores segment, only 1 other game today, Dodgers and Giants at 10pm eastern "At the end of 2, 2-1 Yankees". (T).   This is a tough get and my first ever for them for baseball.  They would have normally been blocked by now silent WQUN on same frequency.  In addition, I can only receive their station between dusk and up to their night time power reduction.  A very short span per day as they are 100 miles west of my qth.

2354 WFED 1500 am Washington, DC  Very Good Reception "He hit a tape measure 2 run home run in the first.  Cloudy, overcast skies.  Staton strikes out.  Yanks get a run on two hits and after two and a half, 3-1 Yankees." (T) Nationals Flagship

0016 WEPN 1050 am NYC Excellent reception "The 3-1 off the hands of Kendrick, a soft liner to Tyler Wade and there are 2 out.  That will be caught by Hicks in center and that retires the side.  3-1 Yankees after 4." (T) ESPN Affiliate

0053 Game in rain delay
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 0054 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)