We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: ODX Heard in NC  (Read 1500 times)

Offline K4JYS

• View Profile
ODX Heard in NC
« on: July 26, 2020, 2215 UTC »
I haven't done any listening in a while, so this afternoon I shut down WAS for a short while and made a few passes across the band. Nothing heard but ODX. He was at about a RST 439 on peaks between 2132Z & 2138Z, 7/26/20. Agn about the same from 2151Z 'till around 2155Z. A good amount of QSB was noted during those times.

WAS is now plugged back in, but with its extremely slow restart (if at all) when powered back up, may be tomorrow before I get time to take it down from the wall, open it up and give it a massage.

73 de Bill K4JYS in NC

Offline kc3gfz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ODX Heard in NC
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 0206 UTC »
I hear ODX and KAH quite a bit. Try listening to some Kiwi radios in Texas, Utah and Colorado. You signal may come in. I been tuning to these betweeen 9pm and 10 pm Est. I hear my beacon along with KAH and ODX. I’m quite surprised the propogation at night recently.

Chris