We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: US Navy Air Comms 11206.4 Khz USB 2145 UTC 27 Sept 2020 (Now with Audio)  (Read 876 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
i've been monitoring and recording this for the 10 mins or so and looked up the frequency and ran across this post: http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/2006/06/valiant-shield-2006.html which seems to indicate the frequency is a US Navy one.

EDIT: the comms are hard to copy but i'm recording them in hopes of getting a callsign. one callsign sounded like "Trumpet Blower".
EDIT 2: callsign was Lima Tango. also heard Gulf Whiskey, Delta Foxtrot, Romeo Tango, Quebec Romeo, Vampire and...
Cougar 31 which i believe is this: COUGAR EA-18G VAQ-139, NAS Whidbey Island, WA
EDIT 3: "We're engaging Delta birds, over"
EDIT 4: Now with Audio. i cut out most long pauses between transitions. Highlights around 15:15 in: "Gulf Whisky this is Delta track Romeo Tango 311  .... Can you please identify" followed by "Gulf Whisky all positively identified....authenticated IR... hostile.. authenticated time 2240 Quebec Romeo over. " and then "Gulf Whiskey this is Delta track Romeo Tango 336...reengaging." and "Gulf whiskey this is Delta Cougar 31 RTB safe red, maintain comms until RTB" followed by more comms

Audio link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7uOHOBJNn1UEKdO56v7yEgmSs2Cj1JS/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 0110 UTC by jasmine »
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline MattCawby

• Everett, WA
    • View Profile
    • Paine Field
Sounds like a carrier strike group composite training unit exercise (COMPTUEX). GOLF WHISKEY is probably the net control station. I have heard similar activity on 3265, 5425, 5404, 6235, 6249.5, 11053.5, etc.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns