We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Unknow 21650 USB 2054 UTC 11 Dec 2020  (Read 955 times)

Offline MasterGremlin

• Montevideo, Uruguay
    • View Profile
Unknow 21650 USB 2054 UTC 11 Dec 2020
« on: December 11, 2020, 2319 UTC »
Possibly a pirate transmission on the frequency 21.650 kHz USB, most possibly a joke. It was an automated transmission repeating itself during approximately 30 minutes.
I strongly believe this transmission was from some part of Argentina.

It's says something like this: "Captain Berto, Captain Berto we are under attack by evil ships of the Agrarian Broad, they have the new SDR receptors with coils full 3CP (?), they replaced the old coils Tepeco we are currently using, and very fast and digital PTTs (?) ...*noise*.... and we only have levers HH, there is no valve that supports (?) ...  ".

Audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLKjW-WQ22Y

This one was immediately after the Captain Berto (same frequency, 20:56 UTC), it is a person selling eggs and potatoes, possible from the same pirate.

Audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdb9VRREQ_w

(sorry for my english)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 1828 UTC by archiduke »
RTL-SDR v3 / 35 meters longwire antenna / Software: Console v3

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Unknow 21650 USB 2054 UTC 11 Dec 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 1319 UTC »
This is great, thank you for sharing it! Have you heard similar transmissions like this before?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline MasterGremlin

• Montevideo, Uruguay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 1842 UTC »
Yes this is the first time, I will check that frequency periodically at the same time.
I had to post this because it was too strange and funny (especially for being an automated transmission), next time I will try to record the entire screen not just the audio.
If someone know something else about this please share.

Offline MasterGremlin

• Montevideo, Uruguay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 2346 UTC »
I was listening to 7,150 kHz when I heard something familiar, it was the same transmission from yesterday "Captain Berto", but this time with new messages and jokes. I am 100% convinced that this is a joke or a personal attack on an amateur radio callsign: LU9ETF (Norberto).
I recorded a video of various moments of the broadcast, it can be seen that it is made to annoy said person and other radio amateurs.

Most likely, the first time I picked it up it was by mistake at 21,650 kHz, since these people always communicate at 40 meters LSB.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSEloDRQyr4