We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Unid 12360 kHz AM 6 Jan @ 0240z - Asian language (Chinese?)  (Read 898 times)

Offline alleycat

• Binghamton, NY
    • View Profile
    • KC2KLC ham radio page
Asian language talk show booming into upstate NY - nothing turns up in a search of this frequency, and this appears to be outside the standard broadcast bands. I'm using SDR Console, and judging by reception via networked radios, reception is strongest in northeastern North America. Can someone ID this? Thanks!
allen lutins - KC2KLC
Binghamton, NY
Yaesu FT-897D, RTL-SDR Blog V3 & SDRPlay RSP1A
G5RV Jr dipole & Grove Omni-II discone
eQSLs welcome: kc2klc@lutins.net

Offline prldx

• View Profile
Re: Unid 12360 kHz AM 6 Jan @ 0240z - Asian language (Chinese?)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 0847 UTC »
Most likely CNR1 used for jamming against one of Sound of Hope's low power transmitters.

Patrick
Rx: AR7030 / Perseus
Ant: MK-1

"Radio was an exciting new invention that made it possible to hear other people´s voices in your living room without the use of thin walls or a devastating mental condition" (Cunk on Britain Ep 4)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 1208 UTC »
Eibi has this frequency listed for SOH and the CNR1 jammer, any time from 2100 UTC through 1600 UTC the following day. I'm with prldx, it's most likely the jammer and not SOH due to the former's known high power and the latter's known low power.

http://eibispace.de/
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline alleycat

• Binghamton, NY
    • View Profile
    • KC2KLC ham radio page
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 2104 UTC »
Doesn't CNR1 usually use Firedrake for this purpose? The transmission I heard was clearly a talk show with multiple announcers. Perhaps this is typical - I just haven't come across a reference to this being done.
allen lutins - KC2KLC
Binghamton, NY
Yaesu FT-897D, RTL-SDR Blog V3 & SDRPlay RSP1A
G5RV Jr dipole & Grove Omni-II discone
eQSLs welcome: kc2klc@lutins.net

Offline prldx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 2108 UTC »
CNR1 programme is more often used for jamming than Firedrake-music.

Patrick
Rx: AR7030 / Perseus
Ant: MK-1

"Radio was an exciting new invention that made it possible to hear other people´s voices in your living room without the use of thin walls or a devastating mental condition" (Cunk on Britain Ep 4)