We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Somebody on 6930AM  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
Somebody on 6930AM
« on: August 05, 2012, 0359 UTC »
Hearing someone on 6930. Not strong enough for an ID but I can hear faint announcer and music.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Somebody on 6930AM
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 1325 UTC »
Noted here as well on the SDR recording, from before 0400 until 0602 sign off.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

BOR

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 1923 UTC »
That would have been me, Blue Ocean Radio. I was testing out an AM transmitter and relaying a show by CoolAM, a European pirate. I was only running 25 watts to my G5RV and I don't think condx were all that great. I was hearing myself on some western remotes quite well though. Fall is coming, I have a solution to the low power situation on the way and some ideas for improving my antenna system so, hopefully, you should be hearing better signals from BOR (AM) very soon. Thanks for the reports...cheers to all!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 0227 UTC by BOR »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 2039 UTC »
If you've got the room,a dipole cut to frequency, will easily outperform that G5RV,w/ your current low power set-up.

Even set up inverted "V" style,the dipole will knock the G5RV in the creek.

Offline DavidB

• Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 1527 UTC »
That would have been me, Blue Ocean Radio. I was testing out an AM transmitter and relaying a show by CoolAM, a European pirate. I was only running 25 watts to my G5RV and I don't think condx were all that great. I was hearing myself on some western remotes quite well though. Fall is coming, I have a solution to the low power situation on the way and some ideas for improving my antenna system so, hopefully, you should be hearing better signals from BOR (AM) very soon. Thanks for the reports...cheers to all!!

You put an incredible stunning signal out to the Cascade Mountains of Washington state. S-9 to 20 over as received on my Icom R75 and tuned random wire. I recorded about 75 minutes of audio and hope to upload it to my web site this week as time allows.
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
SMC HF-150 and Icom R-75.

BOR

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 1754 UTC »

You put an incredible stunning signal out to the Cascade Mountains of Washington state. S-9 to 20 over as received on my Icom R75 and tuned random wire. I recorded about 75 minutes of audio and hope to upload it to my web site this week as time allows.

Thanks for that...it more or less confirms what I thought that skip was pretty short that night. I'd be very interested in hearing the audio if you do get a chance to post it. Cheers....BOR

Offline DavidB

• Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 0450 UTC »

Thanks for that...it more or less confirms what I thought that skip was pretty short that night. I'd be very interested in hearing the audio if you do get a chance to post it. Cheers....BOR

I'd be happy to, here it is!

http://blackcap.name/audio/pirate/Blue_Ocean_Radio_20120804.mp3
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
SMC HF-150 and Icom R-75.

BOR

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 1531 UTC »

I'd be happy to, here it is!

http://blackcap.name/audio/pirate/Blue_Ocean_Radio_20120804.mp3

Thanks very much for posting that audio, David. It's obvious to me from listening to it that there are no audio issues with the AM transmitter. I might look at boosting the highs a bit more. In a week or so I will have the capability to increase my power output to about 200 watts so that should help with the signal strength. Best regards.....BOR

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns