We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Late Log Metro Radio International 6899 AM 2359-0111 UTC 8/5  (Read 648 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Based on the op's announcement that he was on the air Saturday and Sunday nights, I went back and checked my SDR recordings, and found what appears to be Metro Radio.

The carrier appears at 2359 UTC. Fade out time is around 0111 UTC. The frequency looks to be 6899.215 kHz or so.

I sent a recording to the op for confirmation, but as of now I suspect this was Metro Radio. He said he was operating from a different location than usual, which could account for the lack of reports. The signal was indeed weaker than usual here.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns