We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: T2FD results (58 ft)  (Read 3648 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: T2FD results (58 ft)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 1250 UTC »
If you're getting RFI into the shack on the incoming coax, you can try grounding it in multiple places along the run, I've found this helps. A few years ago I did this with all my incoming coax, which is also buried in conduit. I use cable TV RG-6 grounding blocks which are plentiful and cheap on eBay.

This post about my beverage antennas describes the general principles: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,74042.0.html

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 1357 UTC »
Going to add a series resonant LC filter for 1090 to the BC band stop board and see what that does.

Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2021, 2146 UTC »
A HAM reported much reduced rfi after porting his coax runs through a dryer vent hose, the kind with the wire spiraling, said spiral of wire grounded at one end. Jussayin.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.