We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Definetly 6 Meter Time !! Great Opening Monday 5/17  (Read 1076 times)

Offline bamaDX

• Heart Of Dixie
    • View Profile
Definetly 6 Meter Time !! Great Opening Monday 5/17
« on: May 23, 2021, 1803 UTC »
Enjoyed an awesome opening late Monday afternoon 5/17. East-West. Worked several stations in Cali. and Nevada from the Heart Of Dixie. Furthest contacts for me ever. With Summer here NOW is the time to check 6 daily for activity! When it's open it's open and you work DX with even minimal power and less than optimum antennas. Truly the Magic Band !

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Definetly 6 Meter Time !! Great Opening Monday 5/17
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 1310 UTC »
I checked 6 meters and 10 meters last night, 26 May 2021, around 0030 UTC and both were open here in WNY.  On 6 meters, I worked stations in the mid west and south until 0130 UTC. All contacts where on SSB phone running 100 watts and a wire dipole.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
Re: Definetly 6 Meter Time !! Great Opening Monday 5/17
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 1649 UTC »
Yes, open in the UK to EU too.

Funny I keep hearing Hams on 2m winging about how poor the bands are, guess they've never heard of sporadic E.

Conditions over here are the best I've ever heard for over 10 years. 6 weeks solid with only 2 or 3 days flat. 10m was open way past my bedtime..

Yawn...

Str.
'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)