We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Mike Radio flying the jolly roger again ? ( May 2021)  (Read 438 times)

Offline Bricklayer

• View Profile
    • Email
Mike Radio flying the jolly roger again ? ( May 2021)
« on: June 05, 2021, 1123 UTC »
So Mike has decided that licensed life wasn't for him and he's decided to raise the jolly roger again?
I was wondering why he has re-appeared in the 48mb. Respect.

edit by Ray :
that was at first a late reply, as  Re: Mike Radio 6280 AM 1839 utc  31 May 2021
I'm going to change the topic subject

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 1453 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
Own rx and aerial. I use my ears to identify music, so titles may not always be completely accurate.

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Radio 6280 AM 1839 utc 31 May 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 1323 UTC »
Mike Radio has been heard above 6200 several times in the last 3 months.

Now an evidence that this is out of  a licence, but even last year Mike Radio seemed to behave quite strangely for a licenced station.

Of course, we don't know the terms of the Dutch licences for the SW stations. Apparently, the quieter stations seemed to get a main frequency and an alternate frequency, a better idea for SW than a fixed frequency. Frequencies outside of the broadcasting bands can be used for broadcasting on the basis of not disturbating the established users, that can explain 3920 for example. But 1 kW carrier power  is hardly low power on a maritime frequency.

D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

Offline Bricklayer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mike Radio 6280 AM 1839 utc 31 May 2021
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 1418 UTC »
Hi Ray,

I've just read in the British DX Club magazine that Mike is no longer licenced or registered with the HFCC. So there are now only three legit Dutchies. Delta from Elburg, Piepzender from Zwolle and Onda from Borculo. Perhaps the costs were too much, or the administrative paperwork too cumbersome, or perhaps he is just too much of a rebel at heart.
Regardless, he always puts out a great signal here into the UK.

BL.
Own rx and aerial. I use my ears to identify music, so titles may not always be completely accurate.