We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Windows 11? Why???  (Read 1253 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Windows 11? Why???
« on: June 30, 2021, 2202 UTC »
So, it's supposed to be like Mac OS? Mac OS sucks now. At least, I think it does. https://www.cnet.com/news/windows-11-release-date-this-is-when-you-can-install-microsofts-free-update/
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: Windows 11? Why???
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 2101 UTC »
Because the good folks at Micro$oft have run out of creativity. Look at the Edge browser. It is Google Chrome with a Microsoft skin & Microsoft services / telemetry. A leaked copy of Windows 11 was released a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I was content with Windows XP and still running a mix of Windows XP and 7.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Windows 11? Why???
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 1505 UTC »
I gave up on MS years ago.  I've been running Linux in some flavor for over a decade.  Its free, and has it quirks, but does what I need.  Did I mention its free?  ;D

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns