We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: V24 is now off the air  (Read 1179 times)

Offline shadypyro

• British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
V24 is now off the air
« on: June 14, 2021, 0019 UTC »
So it looks like V24 from South Korea is no longer on the air as it hasn’t been heard since September of 2020, I just looked it on Priyom.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: V24 is now off the air
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 0443 UTC »
The last V24 transmission I am aware of was on Sep 27, 2020.  That month there were only 6 V24 transmissions, and the transmission numbers for each month had been going down.

So that means either we have gone about 9 months since the last transmission or V24 has moved to anew, and so far undiscovered, set of frequencies and or times.

In the past V24 went several months without transmitting.  The pause in late 2015 is well documented, slightly less well documented is a pause that took place in the 1980's.

Is it gone now?  Only time will tell, and it is quite possible that it is, but I think it too early to call it gone yet.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline shadypyro

• British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: V24 is now off the air
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 1920 UTC »
Right, like you said I wouldn’t count it as being inactive so if it still active it would be on new frequencies that haven’t been noticed. I’ll keep my ears open.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com