We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: News about YHWH in 2015  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
News about YHWH in 2015
« on: June 19, 2021, 0538 UTC »
Turns out the operator of YHWH is or was a licensed ham in California

http://www.arrl.org/news/unlicensed-religious-broadcaster-who-used-amateur-frequencies-ordered-off-the-air

edit by Ray :
this is not a log, only old news from 2015 about YHWH,
and was added as a reply to a log dated 16 Feb 2020.
So I split it and replaced the subject. (Should be moved to another foum, I think.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 2039 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: News about YHWH in 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 2139 UTC »
Turns out the operator of YHWH is or was a licensed ham in California

http://www.arrl.org/news/unlicensed-religious-broadcaster-who-used-amateur-frequencies-ordered-off-the-air

edit by Ray :
this is not a log, only old news from 2015 about YHWH,
and was added as a reply to a log dated 16 Feb 2020.
So I split it and replaced the subject. (Should be moved to another foum, I think.)

That doesn't seem to be the case. The article says nothing about whether he was licensed or not (and those stories almost always will say when they are, although those tend to be stories about hams behaving badly - it seems rare that hams engage in piracy, or are caught when they do), and none of the Martin Elliotts in the ULS (and there are only three) have K for a middle initial.

It would be pretty ironic if he was a ham. His whole spiel is how man's law isn't real, only God's law is and that's the only one you should comply with, so it's symbolic that he chooses to spread his message via HF piracy. Having a government issued radio license for any service would kind of undercut that message. It wouldn't surprise me if he considered himself to be sovereign.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: News about YHWH in 2015
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 0351 UTC »
No, Marti was / is not a ham.  He has been active on 11 meters from time to time.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns