We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Numbers Racket CDROM is now online  (Read 625 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
The Numbers Racket CDROM is now online
« on: August 21, 2021, 1445 UTC »
Back in the late 1990s I prepared a CDROM with recordings of and text about various spy numbers stations. I've just placed the contents of this CDROM online.

Obviously most if not all of the information is 'out of date' today, but think of it as a snapshot of what the Spy Numbers scene was like in the late 1990s.

https://radiohobbyist.org/numbersracket/numbers/NUMBERS/NUMBERS.HTM
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Elf36

Re: The Numbers Racket CDROM is now online
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 2035 UTC »
Wow, what great nostalgia, I long for hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher and that time. Radio was so mysterious back then and so exciting. Not to say it's not now, but things were different back then. As I said I still love radio, but it was just so new and exciting at that time of my life.

Elf36

Re: The Numbers Racket CDROM is now online
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 2038 UTC »
I still go back and listen to the Conet project from time to time. Most likely the messages were just for test, but my mind would wander about what clandestine information was being passed.