We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: IS PIRATE RADIO DEAD ?  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: IS PIRATE RADIO DEAD ?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 0101 UTC »
I'll be the first to admit that there are better ways to reach audiences . I have probably reached more people through this board than my broadcasts. But for me it's a matter of medium. The internet is such a lifeless ,digital wasteland to me , no personality ,no class and absolutely no point other than turning people into blobs that buy shit. HF radio is such a wonderful medium that I will always choose it over internet radio . The idea of being engineer ,producer and DJ makes for a wonderful pallet . I see it as artistry ,but just as in everything in North America and the West it is all about entertainment.Art is something progressive and thought provoking  meant to drive the species forward ,of coarse even art today has taken on a new definition ,a much lazier . Entertainment just soothes the mind into complacency.  I despise complacency . Now a little complacency like a smoke break between art I can deal with but it all seems to be about entertainment these days .

Man when the Chinese invade we are screwed

Fansome

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 0123 UTC »
You know, they remade "Red Dawn" recently, with the Chinese as the invaders. However, because the producers didn't want to alienate the potentially huge Chinese market for the film, they changed the bad guys to North Koreans in post-production.

Man when the Chinese invade we are screwed

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 0125 UTC »
The Chinese won't invade, they'll buy us.

Rave On Radio waded into the pool tonight with a Third Debate Show.
Minneapolis, MN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 0149 UTC »
I have so been looking for a copy of that movie Al ! I heard about it a while back . Do they scream "WOLVERINE " before they attack those nasty commie rats?

Skeezix  the buying part is just the siege man. Kind of like slinging anthrax laden cattle over the castle wall and diverting the water supply ,or like modern UN sanctions  ;D ;)

Not to change the subject or anything . :-*

Fansome

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 0306 UTC »
Looks like it hasn't been released yet; this article says Nov 24 of this year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn_%282012_film%29

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 0318 UTC »
That may explain why i didn't find it. :D

Offline Tom S

• SE Kansas
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 0334 UTC »
Man I really hate it when they remake good classic movies.  If they want to remake movies, they should only be allowed to remake crappy movies which totally sucked, like "The Room" or "Birdemic."
Happiness is a good antenna system.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 0531 UTC »
I could never figure out how the Cubans and the Nicaraguans got to the States in the first place in the original. A secret invasion force floated in on inner tubes from Cuba and the Nicaraguans hitchhiked up?

I figure it went somethin' like this.........

The Mexican - US  border, 1982;

"No Jefe',we're not Nicaraguan troops,we're varmint hunters headed for the alto plano."

A stoic border agent,we'll call him Al, replies, "Gopher killers, 'eh? Since that Carl guy went on that rampage in California,it's been hard to get kids to go into the field. I guess someone has to do it,you can barely go for a walk in the yard without stepping in a hole."

"Let me check your paperwork gentlemen,I'll be right back."

"Si' Jefe'."

A few minutes later,the agent returns.

"Senor Ortega?"

"Si'."

"Everything checks out. Welcome to the United States. Feel free to write your gopher exterminating friends at home the door is always open to men of their profession."

"Si',Jefe',si'!  Heh,heh,heh...... "

Offline paranoid dxer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 0538 UTC »
I could never figure out how the Cubans and the Nicaraguans got to the States in the first place in the original. A secret invasion force floated in on inner tubes from Cuba and the Nicaraguans hitchhiked up?

I figure it went somethin' like this.........

The Mexican - US  border, 1982;

"No Jefe',we're not Nicaraguan troops,we're varmint hunters headed for the alto plano."

A stoic border agent,we'll call him Al, replies, "Gopher killers, 'eh? Since that Carl guy went on that rampage in California,it's been hard to get kids to go into the field. I guess someone has to do it,you can barely go for a walk in the yard without stepping in a hole."

"Let me check your paperwork gentlemen,I'll be right back."

"Si' Jefe'."

A few minutes later,the agent returns.

"Senor Ortega?"

"Si'."

"Everything checks out. Welcome to the United States. Feel free to write your gopher exterminating friends at home the door is always open to men of their profession."

"Si',Jefe',si'!  Heh,heh,heh...... "
see  paranoia is getting to PIGMEAT   
  AL FANSOME brought them with his submarine the BELINDA ;)

"In the long run, the greatest weapon of mass destruction is stupidity.

"I believe in animal rights. They have the right to garlic, and butter." - Ted Nugent

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

Fansome

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 0640 UTC »
I remember when I first saw the original "Red Dawn". The sight of those Canadians parachuting out of the sky was one of the most chilling things that I have ever seen.

cmradio

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 0834 UTC »
 :D :D :D

At least we'd show ya how to make coffee and donuts, eh?

Hey, we don't invade a country without a Tim Horton's plane preceeding us ;D