We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SDRuno set-up 1.41 ?  (Read 1561 times)

Elf36

SDRuno set-up 1.41 ?
« on: October 29, 2021, 1911 UTC »
Sorry, I haven't learned to screen shot on here yes, but will explain as best as possible. I watched a basics video on SDRuno and it said the first thing to do is set separation of the VFO frequency on the main display and the LO-frequency (Smaller font underneath the frequency shown in the waterfall area) It says to just click in that area and change the LO-frequency a bit. I do not see an LO-frequency under the larger frequency in the waterfall?
LO-3.725 etc

The other thing it mentions is Sample rate 2Mhz, 5MHZ,10Mhz etc. How much spectrum you want to see at one time
In the video it shows a button for sample rate, near the PLAY/STOP and Gain adjustment. I do not see a sample rate button anywhere?
There are 2 zoom arrows below the waterfall that appear to do something similar?

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: SDRuno set-up 1.41 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 2116 UTC »
The sample rate and LO offset will only show up on the screen if you are in IF MODE: ZIF (Zero-IF). In LIF mode (Low-IF) mode this is not required. Only the decimation value is selectable. Mine is set to 8.

If you click the SETT button on the MAIN panel you can actually see what happens in ZIF and LIF mode. You can see there that there is an automatic LO offset and a default value of 11 kHz.

Elf36

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 2140 UTC »
Thanks SIGINT. I'm gonna play around with the SDR when the sun goes down. Hopefully, catch some pirates. I will check out those settings ASAP.

Elf36

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 2237 UTC »
Also going back to read the SDRuno cookbook. At first, it just looked like the online manual and then I saw how much I like the way it's layed out better.

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 2308 UTC »
Yes, the SDRuno Cookbook is hard to beat. There are a lot of features on the RSP which are not evident and the cookbook lays it all out in a nice logical way. Download the PDF. Although it is for an older version of the software it will get you started. I prefer the PDF myself.