We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WDOG 6930 USB 2347 UTC 31 Oct 2021  (Read 1815 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: WDOG 6930 USB 2347 UTC 31 October 2021
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 0419 UTC »
Banged in with S30/9 signal. Thomas Dolby, ELP, male announcer with French accent. Off by 000:25UTC.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline bubblova

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WDOG 6930 USB 2347 UTC 31 October 2021
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 1728 UTC »
Apologies for the very late posting.  I heard WDOG on 6930 USB on 11-1-21 from 0014 to what I believe was 0029 signoff while camping at City of Rocks State Park in far southeast New Mexico.

I'd brought my Tecsun PL-660 for standard am/fm listening, and remembering it was Halloween decided to take a shot at hearing a pirate.  I reeled out my 23-foot long wire literally duct-taped to a huge boulder at a whopping 6 ft and was surprised to hear not only WDOG, but a couple of others as well that I have yet to post.

Heard at 3-3-3:
0014 Louie Louie by Pretenders (Shazaamed)
0016 WDOG ID and Blinded Me With Science
0019 talk and From the Beginning with some code interference that oddly mimicked the song's electronic ending bits
0023 Announcer said something like "nobody knows what" and Hey Bulldog by the Beatles (Shazaamed)
0029 Was distracted by camping duties, but appeared to end before this time

Thanks Dog!  It was very cool to hear anything that well from that distance with such a meager setup.

Heath Hall,
Albuquerque
hhall@mail.com

MLA-30 loop @ 12 ft.  Tecsun PL-660
Albuquerque NM
hhall@mail.com (not "g"mail)