We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Legendary radio host believes local content will be the key to KDUN’s success?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Neat story! And, rare today.   (Thank you again Boomer for the FWR of this!)    https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/news-makers/delilah-revels-in-rediscovering-her-roots

Oh yeah... Here's the station's site,               https://www.kdunradio.com/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 1903 UTC by ThaDood »
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline secretlab

• Northern Arizona
    • View Profile
I worked with Delilah at KUGN in Eugene, only her second radio job, doing (among other things) production of her voicetracks for KUGN's "mellow" FM. Aside from being a stellar talent, she's a genuinely nice person. I wish her much success at KDUN.
ICOM IC-7300, Chameleon EMCOMMII 60' inverted L, HF+ Discovery, MFJ-1886 rotatable RX loop. Portable: Xiegu X6100, mcHF, Chameleon CHA-TDL delta loop, wires.

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
My college roommates hailed from Reedsport, and then I lived near there in my first job, so I have affection for the town and KDUN. I hope the station thrives now.

While most of its 50 kW daytime signal is aimed at the ocean, it's been very audible within the first hour or so after sunrise up here in Seattle's northeast suburbs during recent weeks. And, yes, lots of local hosts and content during those morning hours.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop