We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Logged six beacons yesterday "NDB2", "WV", "RF", "KAH","WAS" plus "AN2"  (Read 1314 times)

Offline radiorandy

• FL
    • View Profile
    • Radio New Music Show on WBCQ's Radio Angela
Have tuned across the 22M ISM before but never at the right time apparently because yesterday - not only did I log my first ever 22M beacon - I logged five more too.

First was "NDB2", followed by "WV", "RF", "KAH","WAS" and "AN2". All with good signals (at times) but heavy QSB and they would all fade in and out. Strongest was NDB2 - reaching a solid 569 briefly. All were at CW QSO quality at some point.

Always amazed at what low power is capable of doing when conditions are right.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 0008 UTC by radiorandy »
Kenwood TS-590 / Multiband vertical antenna over
buried radial field plus numerous boat anchors and
portables with an evolving array of wire antennas.

I also host the "Radio New Music" show on WBCQ's Radio Angela Shortwave

email: randywithford@yahoo.com

... de WB9LUR in N Florida

Offline K4JYS

• View Profile
Tnx Randy for the rpt on WAS. The xmit antenna is a dipole up abt 40 feet and a Blackcat xmtr. Yep, very interesting to see how far these pip-squeaks can be heard. A QSL will be on the way. Tnx for using some ear time on CW beacons.
73 and a Merry Christmas de Bill K4JYS

Offline radiorandy

• FL
    • View Profile
    • Radio New Music Show on WBCQ's Radio Angela
Tnx Randy for the rpt on WAS. The xmit antenna is a dipole up abt 40 feet and a Blackcat xmtr. Yep, very interesting to see how far these pip-squeaks can be heard. A QSL will be on the way. Tnx for using some ear time on CW beacons.
73 and a Merry Christmas de Bill K4JYS

Saw your comment here and emailed you a more formal reception report. You've got a very impressive QRZ.com page - cool stuff.

73 and Merry Christmas

Randy / WB9LUR
Kenwood TS-590 / Multiband vertical antenna over
buried radial field plus numerous boat anchors and
portables with an evolving array of wire antennas.

I also host the "Radio New Music" show on WBCQ's Radio Angela Shortwave

email: randywithford@yahoo.com

... de WB9LUR in N Florida

Offline K4JYS

• View Profile
Tnx Randy for the email....reply on the way...73, Bill

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns