We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Mighty KBC? 9450kHz December 9  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
The Mighty KBC? 9450kHz December 9
« on: December 09, 2012, 0153 UTC »
All I'm getting is a carrier audible on USB.  Is anyone else having any better luck?  Darn! it! 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: The Mighty KBC? 9450kHz December 9
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 0216 UTC »
Carrier was very weak at 0000Z and had no audio.  Watched it on & off and it came up a hair, just enough to hear Eric give an ID, then back down into the noise.

Around 0145Z, I took another look and the carrier was barely visible.

Perseus SDR with ALA1530S+ loop
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mighty KBC? 9450kHz December 9
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 0524 UTC »
Frownyface!  :(  I was looking forward to this quite a lot.  I had an email early this past week, Eric answering my reception report, and he said he'd try to play my song request.  I probably missed it.  :(  Darn it all. 

File this one under curses, foiled again. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.